Monday, June 14, 2010

Joy and Laughter - Birthday Thoughts

This is one of a collection of wonderful cards given to me by my darling Sissy Clytie.  What a precious gift she is!  She is truly one of my best Friends.  Tch tch tch--she had me in tears this morning, the wench!  I  am so blessed and privileged to have Clytie as MY sweet Sissy!  She and my Sister Leigh are notes of joy intertwining throughout my life--sweet tones of friendship and love.  I think about all my dear brothers and sisters and how each of them in their own way are precious and dear to me.

Today is my birthday.  I am the eldest.   I never thought I would ever get this old.  I still feel quite young on the inside--still in my early 20's.

Fifty-two years ago this moment Mom was, as she says, "working hard."  I was born around 10 p.m. I am very grateful to Mumsie for all the things she instilled into me.  Much of who I am today stems from what she taught me as a small child.

THANK YOU, Mom!  Thank you for all your hard work.  You taught me to see beauty.  Thank you for faithfully loving Dad all these years.  I thank you for your prayer and support throughout my life.  I am truly blessed to have you as my Mom.  Today on my birthday, I think about how wonderful you are--you are God's song of joy and laughter to ME, sweet Mumsie!

9 comments:

viridian said...

Beth; What a beautiful post!

viridian said...

Beth;
A request;
I would like to post my PFF entry early (Tuesday) and ask you to link it in on Friday. Can you do this?

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! We are so blessed that you were born - the world has been greatly enriched through your voice and vision. Happy, Dear, Fabulous Birthday!!!

Terra said...

Happy birthday, and how nice to read the words of praise you have for your sisters, mom, and whole family.

JANN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BETH! HOPE IT WAS A FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY FOR YOU!

Lucy said...

You ALWAYS have a beautiful post and the words with them touch my heart.Thank you

Lois said...

I somehow missed this post yesterday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU dear Beth! What beautiful and inspiring words.

Clytie said...

You are pretty amazing yourself you know!

Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Beth - I hope your birthday was all you wished for. I love your comments on your family. You are so blessed to have brothers and sisters.
Your words about your family and Mother as beautiful.