Friday, March 15, 2013

Pipe of Peace -Postcard Friendship Friday #159


I adore this postcard.  Despite the brick and bat held out of sight as these two shake hands, these  mischievous fellows seem to respect and like one another--I imagine if they were to end up in a "knock down drag out" they'd eventually end up at a local pub nursing black eyes, bumps & bruises--AND sharing a tasty brew.

I sought everywhere to discover the history and significance to an Irish pipe of peace.  All I could find were bagpipes, which are typically referred to as Pipes O' Peace!  If anyone out there knows the significance, or stories and legends surrounding Celtic pipes, or clay Irish pipes of peace, I would love to hear from you!

The Irish are a passionate people and their humor and fiery temperament are legendary.  Since I am of Irish descent on Dad's side, this postcard tickled my funny bone.  I hope it makes you smile, too.  I liked what Master Harold's Auntee wrote on the back, "Dear Harold, These two seem to be good friends, smoking their pipe of peace." 

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

* LINKING UP:  You put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  The linky is open for the  entire week!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted. 





2 comments:

Snap said...

Top of the Mornin' to you dear Beth! Happy St. Patrick's Day too. Love this card. Thanks for hosting!

VioletSky said...

I am not sure I would trust either one of them - peace pipe or no!