Friday, January 11, 2013

Heart Hunt -Postcard Friendship Friday #150



I love Valentine's Day.  It is one of my favorite holidays--rich in history, romance, art, song and stories.  My collection of Valentine's Day cards started years ago, when I was at an estate sale in my home town and bought an old catalog into which a child had pasted all the Valentines he had received over the years.  What a find!  Since then my collection has grown to include many beautiful vintage cards covering all kinds of holidays and sentiments. 

I especially loved this postcard with these cute little cherubic heart hunters.  I wonder what kind of bird laid this amazing clutch of heart shaped eggs?   What do you think?

Have a lovely day everyone.

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted.  Lately, I've had to delete quite a few comments which are just ads. 




4 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

That was a wonderful find, a whole collection of Valentine's Day cards. I don't know that I've seen any specifically for Valentine's Day but plenty of romantic ones that would do.

Irene said...

I can only imagine that it was a love bird that laid that egg. Happy PFF. Thanks for hosting.

Sreisaat said...

What a precious find! The cherubs are cute and it's the first time I've seen a heart-shaped egg :D
Have a fun weekend.


Postcards Crossing

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
Aren't Valentine's great, love all the old Valentine's post cards and cards!
I'm glad you were able to stop by and I'm so sorry about your Dad, it is so difficult to loose a parent. What a blessing that your Hubby is doing well!
I'm trying to get back to a routine and blogging along with commenting weekly!
Hugs to you and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs Marilou