Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friendship's Token - Pink Saturday

This is an illustration from a wonderful vintage book of poetry. My dear friend Marian gave it to me with this inscription: “To a very special friend. From among my OLD memories.”

She flew away to heaven some time ago. I will always miss her very much. And so in honor of my dear Friend I share this poem:

Only a little token,
Offered for Friendship’s sake—
Picture and song together
Here, with my greeting, take.
*
What though on brightest pictures
Time’s hand at last be lain;
What though earth’s songs awaken
Only to sleep again?
*
Voices once loved ring ever
In faithful listening ears;
The sacred hand of Friendship
Gleams through the mist of years.
-- Ellis Walton

For more wonderful pink moments please visit Bev at Pink Saturday.

7 comments:

Irene said...

This beautiful, and a beautiful memory.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I could use this lovey vintage image to house one of my poems or verses. Thank you!

Lonely Rivers said...

Your blog has opened a whole new world to me. Thank you!

Clytie said...

Very beautiful card and memories, sissie.

Stacey said...

Beth- Thanks so much for the sweet sentiments concerning my shop... I'm really excited! It's like a dream come true.
Looks like you had a good turn out for Postcard Friendship Friday. I will have to make sure I do it this week- I found some really fabulous Easter cards that I can't wait to share.

JANN said...

LOVELY CARD AND POEM, LIKE ALWAYS :)
I LOVE VISITING YOUR BLOG AND THANK HEAVENLY FATHER FOR YOUR CHERISHED FRIENDSHIP.
HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS MY SWEET SISTER!

Lois said...

What a beautiful card and the poem made me a little teary-eyed!