Friday, October 30, 2015

Be Still, Sad Heart -Postcard Friendship Friday #286



It is Halloween tomorrow, but that holiday pales in comparison to today's anniversary--one year ago today, my Beloved flew away to heaven.  Life has changed forever. 

Be still, sad heart, and cease repining
Behind the clouds, the sun is shining.
Thy fate is the common fate of all.
Into each life some rain must fall;
Some days must be dark and dreary.

But I must add here--that without both the sun and the rain--there are no rainbows and there is no hope.  I am so grateful to know I will see my darling again someday. In the meantime, the Shepherd of my heart walks with me, He weeps with me and He loves me.

Happy Postcard Friendship Friday, dear  Friends.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.






2 comments:

Ulta58 said...

Czas to najlepsze lekarstwo na ból .Wiem że nic nie ukoi Twojego bólu po stracie najukochańszej osoby tylko nadzieja ,że kiedyś się spotkacie.Pozdrawiam cieplutko .

Paul van Yperen said...

A very sad and honest post, Beth. I did not know the poem of the card, but I recognize sentences from songs, like 'Into each life some rain must fall'. So very, very true. Poetry and music can often help you in hard times. Even my mentally handicapped son can listen intensely to music and becomes completely relaxed through it. Take care, girl, and hope to meet again at PFF.