Friday, September 4, 2015

Flowers in Her Hair - Happy Postcard Friendship Friday #278


I have posted many photographs of this little girl.  She is said to have been a photographer's daughter.  Photos of this young lady along with other family members can be found everywhere.  Her sweet face has become quite well-known.

She is so lovely.  She reminds me of my own dear niece--their faces are nearly identical.  Perhaps this is why I am so drawn to her.  So, here she is again, with pink tinted flowers in hair and deliciously added detail.  This postcard was sent to me by another collector, to whom I am deeply grateful.

I apologize for missing last week's PFF.  I was out of town and was unable to get to a computer.  Lots of stuff happening right now.  It was so very nice to be missed.

Happy Postcard Friendship Friday and I hope you have a lovely weekend, dear Friends!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them. 

*  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.





7 comments:

Lois said...

I love that one! If we don't find out who she is pretty soon, maybe we should give her a name. Something as pretty as she is would be nice!

Clytie said...

I love the way the flowers are tinted pink. And the dress is beautiful!

Beverley Baird said...

What a beautiful little girl. Very unique shot with the pink flower!
Happy PPF.

Sheila said...

An incredible number of pictures of this one little girl, and she still looks angelic!

May the good news from your father continue.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I was just about to say that my granddaughter would love flowers like that for her hair when I realised it's now six years from the first time you showed us that pretty girl. My granddaughter was not yet born then but will have her sixth birthday next week!

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Beth,

I remember your earlier post, and love to re-use old posts myself too. You can add new information, sometimes even improve your old scan. It even turns your blog into a kind of database. And I like Sheila's comment: this post sets you back-in-time.

Thanks for your kind comment at my blog. It feels good to be back at PFF. I am planning to make special posts again for PFF, but like you, I am quite busy so it will not be a golden rule.

I think life is too beautiful for more rules and obligations. Let just spread our love for postcards and enjoy friendship at PFF.

A big hug from Amsterdam,

from your postcard friend Paul

Barb said...

The girl you refer to is, I believe, Hanni Reinwald. She and her siblings were models around 1910.
Her sister, Grete Reinwald, was also a beautiful girl. She was MY mystery girl! And I found a website regarding her and her family. You will find more information on Hanni too! here is the link... http://gretereinwald.blogspot.com/ :)