Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Love Now


This is a card from the 1970's once sent to me by my best friend Eric. It is an enigmatic sort of saying, but today it makes sense and fits with my mood.

I will try to be consistent with you
So that you will understand
The core of my personality
And from that understanding
You can gain strength and security
That  I am acting as me.
I may falter with my moods . . . 
But because people are never constant
And are as changeable as the seasons,
I will try to build up within you
A faith in my fundamental attitude
And show you that my inconsistency
Is only for the moment
And not a lasting part of me.
I will show you love now.

~Walter Rinder

4 comments:

Lois said...

It is lovely!

Mattenylou said...

Nice... I always loved that series of cards.

Pearl said...

Hi Beth...

I've so enjoyed my visit, and catching up with your posts. Please forgive me for being so behind. Illness and a slow climb back up the hill have kept me away from visiting with so many folks... I want to thank you very much for your visits to my blog, and for your kind comments ... you always bring a smile to my face ...

I'm glad to hear that your Father is improving ... and I'll continue to keep him, and all of your dear family in my prayers ... the rough spots in the journey of life are never easy, but I do have Faith, and I believe that brighter days are always ahead and just waiting to be discovered ...

I hope you're doing well and that this week will be filled with many blessings for you ...

~ hugs ~
Pearl

Clytie said...

I like the picture behind the words too.