Friday, April 22, 2016

Mother's Love -Postcard Friendship Friday #310


Although the storm and stress of fate,
The bonds of life may strain, or sever.
The endless chain of Mother-love
Will bind the world forever.

What lovely words.  I have the world's most fantastic Mom.  She is such a lovely, talented, precious Friend.  I wish I would have known her better as a teenager--these days I treasure the beauty and value of my relationship with my Mother.  I am surrounded by her love and wonderful friendship.  I don't know what I would do without my darling Mum.  I am blessed to be her daughter. 

She was one of the speakers at the retreat last weekend.  She is gifted in so many ways, writing, art, and speaking.  I didn't realize it, but one of her books was recently translated into Korean!

As  Mom spoke, I learned a lot I didn't know, and frequently found myself in tears.  So many ladies came up afterward to tell me how blessed they were to have heard her speak.  The entire weekend was incredible! 

And so I say now--a little early--My dearest, darling Mumsie, happy Mother's Day!

Have a lovely day, dear Friends, and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week! 

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*THEMES:  You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday.  Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them! 

A REMINDER:  Links which do not have to do with Postcard Friendship  Friday will be removedLinks which advertise various products will share that same fateAny and all suspicious links will be reported to Blogspot then deleted.






3 comments:

Lois said...

You are so blessed to still have your mother Beth. I really do envy you as my own mother died when I was a baby, so I don't remember her at all except through pictures. To answer your question about the flower you admired on my blog, I believe it is called a viburnum. There are several varieties from what I could find online. Have a wonderful weekend dear friend!

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Beth,

You must have a wonderful mother. Amazing that she wrote a book that's now translated in Korean. You made me curious about her and the book.

Today, I was on a trip with my 86-year-old to her sisters who live in another part of the country. I was driving my father's old car along the same cities we passed on the trips we did in my youth over 40 years ago. My mother is an Alzheimer patient and she loses parts of her memories, but this was a trip right along memory lane. And the reunion with her sisters was heart-warming.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Paul

Lyneen said...

What a wonderful post about your mother... mine left this world 5 years ago. We too were very good friends. Cherish every moment my sweet Beth!