Friday, May 10, 2013

A Walk With Mom -Postcard Friendship Friday #167


As a small child, I remember walking with Mom.  We would go exploring--trekking through the woods, discovering log bridges someone had built over the creek in the Canyon.  I can still smell the cedar trees in warmth of summer--feel the crackling underbrush beneath my feet.

When I was all grown, Mom and I spoke for women's groups quite a bit.  I would visit her home and we would go over what we were going to say--then we would go for a walk.  How I treasured those times.

Then came the day my family and I moved next door.  For two years I had the wonderful privilege of walking with Mumsie every morning.  We became very close.  How grateful I am for her friendship and love.  She is still one of my very best friends.

These days, when Mom and I go walking--we walk arm in arm.  How I treasure walking with her this way.  I am so blessed by the love and prayers of my Mother.  She is an amazing woman. Through the years, she has taught me how to laugh and cry, how to journal and how to pray--and especially how to lean on our mighty God for strength.  I love you my darling Mumsie.  Thank you.  ((hugs))

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday everyone!

* LINKING UP You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  PFF is open for the entire week! 

* BADGE When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards, or the love of postcards, will be deleted. 







2 comments:

VioletSky said...

I envy you your happy memories.

Maria said...

You are so lucky to have such bonding and learning moments with your mom.

Happy mother's day to her and to you.

Enjoy the weekend!

Hugs and thanks again for never failing to host PFF!