Friday, July 20, 2012

Vintage Bathing Beauty - Postcard Friendship Friday #125


We are well into summertime with all the activities associated with warm weather.  It has been so great to see the sun!  Unlike the rest of America the Pacific Northwest has had record breaking rains clear through June!  Our rivers are still running full and cold.  But happily, our weather has finally turned summer-like.

To celebrate summer's arrival, I found this lovely vintage bathing beauty.  I adore this old postcard.  In that day and age, This young women's swimsuit would have been quite scandalous!  I like her swimming cap and that big bow.  Such a saucy wench!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! Enjoy summer while it lasts.

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted.


5 comments:

LiT Web Studio said...

ah! a great piece of vintage fashion...those were the days when models still had curves!

dakotaboo said...

Great postcard. I have already posted a blog entry about this back in 2010, so please forgive me but I am recycling my old post this week.

Clytie said...

Oh my, Debs is right - this vintage bathing beauty does indeed have some curves! And isn't she gorgeous???

(One of my pet peeves is how women now-a-days have to be unhealthily thin before we're allowed out in public without ridicule. I'm almost afraid to go lie on the beach - some environmental people would probably try to roll me back into the water!!!)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

We're still waiting for our summer to start so I hope we'll be following in your footsteps. But I won't be showing off my curves like this. :)

Irene said...

Love your card, enjoying the summer even if it's 103degrees most days. Soon I'll be shovelling the white stuff.