Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rust Proof - Pink Saturday


I was cleaning out my sewing desk and found this wonderful packet of rustproof sewing and darning needles. My darling Nita, left her sewing things to me. It has a few years since she left us, but this was the first time I've really gone through the sewing desk she'd given to me. I found many treasures, but this small packet of rust proof needles was very special.  She must have loved them.

This exquisite needle kit appears to be a promotional gimmick, made in Western Germany, for Stanley Home products, Inc. in Westfield, Massachusetts.

For more wonderful Pink Saturday entries from across the world, be sure to visit How Sweet the Sound.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful rose cover, and the gold spiderweb design behind the needles is fascinating. I've never seen the location "Western Germany" usually it's West Germany for post WW2 products. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous petite treasure, Beth! ~ Isn't it amazing that at one time attention to detail was fashioned into the simplest of items? Today, these items are treasured with much appreciation as well as the great sentimental value they provide. Indeed, who wouldn't want to reach for such a lovely case for employment of a needle?

caren said...

What a wonderful and sentimental find! Lucky girl! Happy Pink Saturday!

Cathi said...

You found a lovely Pink treasure.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Susie Jefferson said...

How sweet - what a lovely needlecase. No-one would want to throw that away, promotional or not. And are the needles still rust-free?

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mother's Day (sorry I'm late - my husband whisked me out for dinner last night and it was VERY late when we got back... so I'm doing my PS visits today).

Clytie said...

Beautiful! I love old needle packs - and this is probably the prettiest one I've ever seen!

Carole said...

I found one of those and bought it recently. It was a cool find.