Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Little Buddies

We have missed our Crickette' so much.  Our home has seemed so empty.  So, over the past few months we've visited various places looking for another little buddy, but no one seemed to fit.

Then Sunday afternoon, we came across Tinkerbell, a long-haired, blue-eyed, five-year old Siamese.  When I first saw her in the cage, she rolled onto her back, stuck out a paw and curled her toes around the end of my finger.  Her blue eyes seemed to smile.  We spent time petting her and getting to know her and we both knew she would be coming home with us. 

By late Sunday evening she sat on my lap, purred, loved on my husband and seemed happy to be with us.  BUT, around 10:30, I saw her under the dining room table--then she was gone.  Someone had left the door at the bottom of the stairs open and she vanished.  We haven't seen her since.  The vet and Humane Society say adult cats introduced into a new environment often do this and will come out when they're ready. 

We finally figured out where she's hiding.  There's a hole in the wall next to the tub where my husband had done some plumbing awhile back--it's the only place she could be.  We know she's there because she has been using the cat box and has eaten food and sampled the water we'd put out for her.

I'm just so impatient to see her again.  But I must wait.  (sigh)

10 comments:

Snap said...

And we're impatient to see the new member of your family! Kitties are like that. They can find a place to hide and hide they will. Good luck!

JANN said...

OH BETH
I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS, SHE SOUNDS WONDERFUL.SHE JUST NEEDS SOME TIME TO GET USE TO THINGS.I THINK SHE WILL COME AROUND WHEN SHE FEELS MORE RELAXED AND USE TO THINGS. WHEN YOU PROBABLY LEAST EXPECT IT YOU WILL SEE HER. IF SHE IS EATING,DRINKING AND USING THE CAT BOX THAT IS A GOOD SIGN, I THINK. I SO HOPE THINGS WORK OUT WITH YOU ALL, SHE WILL HAVE SUCH A LOVING HOME , SHE JUST NEEDS SOME TIME TO GET TO KNOW HER NEW SURROUNDINGS. WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED AND ALL GOOD WISHES FOR HER AND ALL OF YOU.

Catherine said...

Poor little dear. She must have been through a lot. She knows she is loved and will make her appearance when she feels she is ready. She sounds beautiful, and I know she will be so happy in her new home!

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, so wonderful of you to have opened your heart and home to a furry-footed one in need of loven'. She will indeed come out, when you least expect it. Sounds like she picked you out as her new family ... cats just seem to be a tad bit independent at times. She knows she is safe, since she is eating, drinking, and using her box. Just be patient!
{{Hugs}} to you and your new BFF!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh! this is just so precious, we had to put our cat to sleep due to cancer and have let to get another one. It is so lonely coming home with no little one to greet us. Be patient, cats take their own time.

Clytie said...

I agree with Marlendy - be patient. She will come out when she's ready!

Rebecca said...

When we first got Katie, she hid under my bed for weeks. Now she is hiding in the bed room again because I thought she was lonely and brought another cat into the mix. They still are not getting along after 5 months. I am being patient as well.

Irene said...

It's the siamese thing. Our present cat, also siamese, loved us like you described, and then disappeared. He was sitting in my studio ceiling tiles. Around 11 p.m. he would come out meow a little and back he'd go. It was two weeks before we saw him, and now in the afternoon he disappears for a nap, and there is no way we can find him. No idea where he goes. I've looked everywhere. Good luck with your kitty she'll be wonderful when she gets use to you.

Postcardy said...

When I got my first cat I panicked the next morning when I couldn't find him anywhere. It turned out he was hiding in my closet. I thought the door was closed, but it was open just enough for him to squeeze through. He also hid from a catsitter by climbing through the coils on the back of my refrigerator.

Lyneen said...

I hope she doesn't wait too long to warm up to her new home. She just doesn't know the love that is waiting for her!