Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sissy!

It is a lovely day for Mother's Day--but this year there's another special celebration--this is the day my darling Sister Clytie was born. 

I will never forget that mid-December day we almost lost her to a stroke.  The threat of losing Sissy, then her miraculous healing, changed everything.  I will never, EVER take her for granted again.  Every blessed day she is in this world is a treasure.

Clytie is not only my sister, but she one of my very best friends.  This extraordinary woman blesses everyone she meets with her laughter and humor, whimsical personality and her wonderful eye for hearts.  She has a gift of seeing beauty where no one else would.

I think it would be great fun if everyone hopped on over to her page to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!  Let's all surprise her at Random Hearts!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Good idea. Love the card.

Clytie said...

Oh Sissie! You are such a wonderful treasure to me. I will never take anything for granted again -- least of all my best friend!

Happy Mothers Day!

Terra said...

Happy Mothers Day Beth, and I will go wish Clytie Happy Birthday. The card is very pretty.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Clytie sounds a wonderful person - she IS a wonderful person! Happy Birthday to Clytie and a happy Mothers' Day to you.

papel1 said...

Wonderful card. I was born on Mothers Day but it does not fall on it this year. Tomorrow is mine!
Judy

Christine H. said...

Very sweet...and you picked out the loveliest card for your sister too.

JANN said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW THIS IS SO SWEET BETH. WHAT GREAT SISTERS YOU BOTH ARE AND MY CHERISHED FRIENDS.
YOU TWO ARE TRUE GREAT EXAMPLES OF CHRISTIAN LADIES, MY HAT IS OFF TO YOUR DEAR MOM FOR RAISING YOU AND CLYTIE. HOPE ALL OF YOU HAD THE BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER.
JANN HUGSSSSSSSSSSS AND MANY OF THEM.

Lois said...

You are so sweet Beth!