Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tanks!

I thought it was time to share another wonderful old Valentine from my collection. This card was printed in the USA probably during WW2. The card was made to stand, and the flag was folded to make it look like it was waving in the wind.

Seems strange to think WW2 was such a long time ago. I was born close to 15 years after the war ended. Strange, it wasn't that long ago in history--yet the world has changed so much since then, it seems that war was fought centuries ago.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Beth
Oh what a wonderful card.
I agree W.W.II seems like yesterday and today and yet it was so long ago ,how can it be ?
I often long for all those who are no longer here those who were such a large part of the W.W.II generation.I learned so much from each of them and continue learning from them daily.
Blessings to you Beth.
Thank you for sharing your precious card.
Happy Memorial Weekend.

Margo said...

what a beautiful card to have. "Tanks" for sharing. (sorry :)

Clytie said...

I really like the fact that it is a GIRL driving the tank! I agree with Margo - "Tanks" for sharing!

Lois said...

I love her hair! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog today. I really needed that!

Mekeel McBride said...

Oh my word. Tanks for being my valentine! So strange to think of a time when that would be
almost the normal way of joking around. An amazing little card.