Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm Marching To You

Made in the USA, I believe this Valentine card was probably printed in the mid-late 1940's. I love this fellow's sideways glance, and the way his tall hat fits over his funny ears. I can't quite figure out what animal he represents, though. His army attire is perhaps a uniform from the civil War? Any ideas out there?

P.S. My incredibly talented Sister Clytie has a new blog to show off her vast card collection! I'm so excited! Check out Random Cards at http://clytie-randomcards.blogspot.com/ She has some beautiful cards I think you'll love!

5 comments:

Clytie said...

Thanks sissie! I love this card, so perfect for Memorial Day!

Lois said...

I think it's a puppy dog and I like his uniform!

Sheila said...

He's so cute! Yes, I'd agree, a puppy.

Mekeel McBride said...

I think it's a puppy, too but there is a slight resemble to a pig. . .

Marie Reed said...

I'm confused by this critter too! He has rabbity legs! That sideway glance is so endearing:)