Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sister...

Happy Birthday dear Sis o' Mine! (sigh) oh to be YOUR age again. (Grin) Remember when you gave me this card??? My turn to send it back. (snicker)


Then the inside reads, "No WONDER some people think we're twins!"

But on the serious side, dear Sissyboo--you are wonderful. There is something so precious about the relationship between sisters. I am VERY honored that you are mine. As children we played together. When we were teens we shared secrets, laughed, cried and fought together. As a young woman you prayed for me when I wandered into terrible danger. Your love and prayers saved my life. We were best friends, and we were in each other's weddings.

Then life and distance stole away the closeness we shared. But even so, I could always feel your heart, and I always knew you were there.

How precious that suddenly that special sister "thing" we have has grown so strong. I love you--I admire you so much.

There are so many things I like about you. Your ability to find quirky humor in just about anything, your wisdom, your kindness, and the beauty of your heart are amazing to me. I love the way you make me laugh. I like the way you see the world. I enjoy your ability to find odd things--like a bundle of brand new rinestone thongs along the road, or a box of frothy white slips. Who else but you would find such things??? You have an unusual gift of seeing, and this shows in your talent with the camera.

I am HONORED to have YOU as my Sissy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

If any of you out there would like to meet my sis, this lovely lady, her name is Clytie and she has two blogs (you can click on them in my blog sidebar). Random Stuff and Random Hearts. You'll enjoy them, I promise!!!

And be SURE to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

Deann said...

Amen Beth, I am proud to call you both sisters of my heart. Many, Many Blessing to both of you ~ Deann

Clytie said...

Sniff, sniff, snort, much wiping of eyes.
Thank you guys for your wonderful words. I love you.

Lois said...

Happy Birthday to Clytie! Ya'll are so cute. Thanks for the heads up on National Train Day!