Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthday Flowers - Guest Heart Thursday


This morning when the phone rang, I had the most marvelous surprise--SISSY was singing Happy Birthday to me.  (grin)  What a great way to start off the day.  And then Mumsie sang to me later on--now that took me back to my girlhood--in church, standing next to Mom, grinning as I listened to her singing the hymns.  It is a little known fact, that many authors and writers are, er, singing impaired!  A few years back I went to a writer's conference with my Mother and to my delight, discovered the true meaning of making a "joyful noise." 

This is a card I "stole" from Sissy.  (grin)  It seemed perfect for today, because not only is it my birthday, but each petal in those beautiful pink flowers, is shaped like a heart.

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 

1 comment:

Clytie said...

I hope you had a most joyous Flag Day, er, Birthday, sissie!!!

P.S. I went outside to beller, er, SING your birthday song. Hmmmm haven't seen any birds all day. Wonder what THAT means??? :=}