Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I 'Karo' Lot for You

Though Valentine's Day is still a LONG ways away, I thought today would be a good day to share another Valentine card from my collection.

This one really hit my funnybone.  I happen to love Karo Syrup--as does this handsome little boy--and that spunky pup begging at his knee.  I like the dog's pink ribbon along with the boy's green sox and shoes. 

This card was printed in the United States, probably around the 1930's--when young boys were still required to wear those, er, rather girlish shoes!

3 comments:

Clytie said...

I'm really enjoying this card - the little doggie licking his chops, the cute boy winking ... and those patent leather shoes with green socks ... well, just too cute for words!

Aimee Dars said...

What a cute card! I love to see how advertising has -- and hasn't -- changed throughout the years!

Lois said...

I love Karo syrup too! It makes the best pecan pies.