Friday, July 25, 2014

Mishkin - Postcard Friendship Friday #273


This lovely lady caught my imagination. Her clothing and intricately woven hairdo are so beautifully elegant. I find myself wondering about her. Who was she? What was she thinking when the photo was taken? She seems so pensive and sad.

I hope your summer is going well.  It has been very busy and I am recovering from a summer cold.  We have had record breaking heat and no measurable rain since April.  It is a summer like none before.  Take care, sweet Friends, and God bless you.  

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them.

 *  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.







12 comments:

Postcardy said...

She's probably thinking about looking like the photographer tells her to look.

Robin said...

I love these old portrait postcards.....

Have a beautiful weekend

Snap said...

Welcome back!

Beautiful card. I'm with you ... who is she? Just a model?

Margo said...

she does look sad, but I bet she's not. I didn't post for PFF today, but will try to next week - it's great to see you around again!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I too sometimes wonder about the person featured on an old post card. What happened to them, who were they and what kind of life did they have. She does look pensive and sad. Perhaps the style of photography at that time?
Have a good weekend
Isabelle x

~JarieLyn~ said...

I think she's thinking about a lost love. She does look sad, yet somewhat sexy and glamorous. Beautiful card.

viridian said...

Nice to see you Beth.

Aimee said...

She does seem sad...beautiful card though.

Marie Reed said...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a tear trickling down her soft cheek! She is exquisite Beth!

Lois said...

That is a lovely pose! I love the dress.

steviewren said...

That's a beautiful postcard. I wish they still made them like this.

Clytie said...

Beautiful card, sissie. I'm with Lois - I love the dress!!!