Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Stitch and a Prayer


I am pleased to introduce you to my Mom's newest book, A Stitch and a Prayer.  Over this past year, I had the astonishing privilege of helping Mumsie edit her manuscript.  Though likely I am biased, I loved the story.  Daddy, Mumsie's biggest fan, would have been incredibly proud of her. 

To hold her book in my hands for the first time, was wonderful.  I asked her to sign it, of course.  To read what she wrote to me brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful to have been a small part of it all.

Mom has been writing since the late 1970's.  She's written both fiction and non-fiction and I adore her writing style.  The way she writes just fills my eyes, heart and my soul.  She is an amazing woman and I am fortunate to be her daughter. 

She wrote her first novel, Colleen (Bethany House Publishers, 1979), because at that time, books written for teen girls were few and far between.  Mumsie has been called one of the pioneers of contemporary Christian novels for teens. 

You can find A Stitch and a Prayer for sale at Abingdon Press!  She also has a wonderful blog at Everybody Loves a Story.  I am so proud of my darling Mumsie--I hope you all drop by for a visit.

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Terra said...

What a blessing for you to help your mumsie prepare her book for publication. She has a long publishing history, I see and her publisher is a great one.