Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Garden Without Flowers


This is one of the wonderful cards our Grandma Jenny's best friend Ruth sent most likely in the late 1950's. This card touches my heart--I have such wonderful friends. Dear precious friends. I am so grateful for the fragrant friendship flowers in the garden of my life.

Life without friends would be like a garden without flowers.

So I have to ask--if you were a plant growing in a garden, what would you be? I'm thinking I might be a purple cauliflower combined with violets and a rose. . .

5 comments:

Lois said...

I think I would like to be a violet. That is a beautiful card!

Marie Reed said...

I would be a 13th century species of white carrot. I just read an interesting recipe for them in Old French....sautéed with cumin....scrummy, eh?

I have writer's block for PFF...hmmmmmm.. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So very true words. I am liking this card, muchly.

And me? A Daisy!

Gray said...

I like your blog title "muchly..."

Clytie said...

I think I would be some kind of herb or mint growing rampant, imparting a wonderful scent to whomever tries to stomp me down!