Monday, October 19, 2009

Hello! I Just Arrived!


This wonderful baby announcement was in my Grandmother's things. She'd saved nearly every announcement sent to her over the years. This darling card was sent to Grammie in the late 1940's. It was from her best friend Ruth. Though the announcement is in pink, it's for a boy! I especially love the, er, unusual "back" view inside.

Ruth writes: Dear Jennie, another little boy. And the Lord was good too. Only four and a half hrs. labor. How good to us He is.   Love Ruth."

Ruth's cards and notes were treasured gifts. I'm so grateful Grammie Jenny saved these wonderful old testimonies of life back then.

3 comments:

Lois said...

How cute! I'm glad she saved them too.

Clytie said...

... And the little bare behind ...

How cute, sissie.

Deann said...

Don't you just love the kinder gentler art on old cards. They always seem, I don't know more innocent I guess. This is such a sweet card.
I'm soo happy to see your Mom blogging again I was getting real sick of that bashed up red car. Her post is a sign that things are getting back to normal for you all, I hope.
Have a happy day Sissy dear.