Saturday, July 18, 2009

Good Morning Kisses



This lovely illustration comes from an ancient book of children's poetry, which was printed in the early 1900's. I love the elegant graceful lines of this artist's pen and ink drawings. I have had the book in my possession forever. I'm sure it is one I've treasured since childhood--the beauty of these drawings have been a big influence my own style of drawing.


Daddy Update: I stayed until dark last night, and Dad seemed to be doing a lot better. I'm so glad it will not be as hot today--with that collar he must wear to stabilize his neck, the heat was really bothering him. Thank you so much for your prayers!

3 comments:

Lois said...

My little grandson always gives me good morning kisses when he spends the night with me!

Clytie said...

I can see this artist's influences in your work! Clean, simple, nature, beautiful lines.

Marie Reed said...

How long do you think your Dad will have to wear the collar. I hope that it stays cool for him!