Friday, May 8, 2020

Fixing Sissy's Hair -Postcard Friendship Friday #505



As the eldest of six children I often helped fix my sisters' hair.  It was quite fun to do--we played dress up a lot.  In the middle of the field of blueberries was a little bit of a woods.  I made a garden under those trees.  In my mind it was an island in the middle of the sea. 

We would take our lunch out to the garden, where we'd built a fort out of old doors.  We would pretend to be shipwrecked...  Ah, we had so much fun.  It isn't a garden anymore--but everyone still calls it my garden.

Even nearly 50 years later, one can still find ancient earrings hanging from the branches of the old oak trees.  When I find them--I hear the faint song of childhood...

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!  Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

* LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Friday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

REMINDER:  If you post anything other than a postcard to share, your link will be removed.   Postcard Friendship Friday is specifically dedicated to postcards, both modern and vintage.








No comments: