Friday, March 2, 2018

Farewell Precious Brother and Friend -Postcard Friendship Friday #397


Hello, dear Friends.  Today I lost my brother and my Friend.  Dan Becker was not only my husband's best Friend, he was one of my greatest encouragers after Alan passed away.

Yesterday our Dan had open heart surgery to repair a valve.  This morning the surgeon had to go in again to stop a leak which was pressing his heart...then again a second time--and Dan didn't make it.  We are all devastated.

Dan was a good, sweet and wise man, who loved his wife Judy, his family and friends.  He has left a great hole in this world.  Though I know he is with my Beloved, and that I will see both of these wonderful men again, I am grieving his loss more than I can say in words.

Just two weeks ago, I had the privilege of playing opposite Dan onstage in a drama I wrote.  How I thank God for that chance to spend time with him learning lines, and serving the Lord together.

God bless you all.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

REMINDER:  If you post anything other than a postcard to share, your link will be removed.   Postcard Friendship Friday is specifically dedicated to postcards, both modern and vintage.  







1 comment:

Lyneen said...

I am so saddened reading this post! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!