Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Emperor's New Clothes


This is an illustration from one of the books in my fairytale book collection. I have yet to discover how to take a picture of an illustration without that odd warping of the photo. (sigh) However, even so--this picture is just delightful. The expressions on the faces of the adults are priceless.

I have always enjoyed the story of the Emperor's New Clothes. It not only totally hits my funny bone--thinking of that pompous fellow parading before his people in his birthday suit--but there is such a lesson to be learned from that fanciful story!

The wisdom of a child is often profound. Children see things as they truly are. I think we adults sometimes need to step back and see things through the eyes of a child.

5 comments:

Lois said...

That is so true! Don't worry about warping the photos, I think you are doing just fine. They are all so beautiful!

Margo said...

the picture looks great. I feel as if I might have had this same version of the Emperor's new clothes because it looks so familiar! It's one of my favorite fairy tales. I think it's interesting to look at why we choose certain fairy tales as our favorites.

Clytie said...

What an interesting illustration for that story. I enlarged the photo and could see the shock on everyone's faces ... except that guy in the middle. Why is he smiling??? Tee hee!

Marie Reed said...

Clytie's comment cracked me up! I took another gander at the picture....tee hee is right!

Postcardy said...

If your camera has a zoom, you probably want to zoom a little so you aren't using the widest angle. I have noticed curved lines on my photos, but I never think about the angle when I am shooting, so I am not sure zooming will correct it. Also if you have a macro setting, that might help if you are close.