Monday, January 11, 2010

Pinocchio Put-Together Book

This is the cover of a wonderful old storybook. The child who once owned it painstakingly glued the put-together parts of each illustration into place. One can see this book was well-loved.

I especially enjoy this illustration because of its bright colors and the funny rendition of Pinocchio himself. Notice the silhouetted band at the bottom of the cover--the animated aspect of those fellows is hilarious!
.
I am feeling much recovered this morning though somewhat stiff and sore from all the, er, activity. Thank goodness this kind of flu passes in a reasonably short time. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Clytie said...

Those silhouetted band members are certainly having a good time! I like the tuba playing dude the best I think.

What a wonderful and well-loved book. Sets my imagination a-tip-toe to think of who loved it so well ... what their life was like ... what their story is ... how they ........

Shaunna said...

Stopping in for a visit. :D Pinocchio is a wonderful story, unfortunately, one of my boys is terrified of him - especially when he turns into a donkey!

Christine H. said...

The silhouetted band is wonderful. I might have missed it if you hadn't pointed it out.
So glad you are feeling better.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

You know how I love the illustrations of vintage books. This book cover is WONDERFUL! Absolutely love the colors and design! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Coralie

Lois said...

Very pretty Beth! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.